Medicine Bow-Routt National Forests &Thunder Basin National Grassland
2468 Jackson Street
Laramie, WY 82070
Additional fire safety messages from the USDA Forest Service to recreationists are below. Campers and other public land users need to follow basic fire safety rules:
- Scrape back dead grass and forest materials from your campfire site.
- Keep your campfire small and under control; make it only as big as you need it.
- Keep a shovel and a water container nearby to douse escaped embers.
- Do not park vehicles in tall dry grass, since hot tailpipes can cause fine fuels to catch on fire.
- Remember that any ignition – cigarettes, campfires, gunfire, vehicles – could be the cause of a wildland fire.
- Grass and other vegetation can dry quickly and is extremely flammable.
- Always follow current fire restrictions.
- To report a wildland fire, please call the interagency dispatch centers below:
Routt National Forest:
Craig Dispatch Center, (970) 826-5037
Medicine Bow National Forest, Thunder Basin National
Casper Dispatch, (800) 295-9952
For more information contact your local Forest Service Office, go to our website at www.fs.usda.gov/mbr, or follow the MBRTB on Twitter, @FS_MBRTB.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.